Technology has been a great contribution to the society and has made communication, sharing of content like pictures and storage of files to be easier and fast. Developers have come up with software and gadgets that not only make communication easier but also ensure that a home owner can sleep with ease.
While technology has contributed positively to the society, many people over use it especially when driving or when riding a motor bike. Texting or calling another person when driving or riding takes away your attention from the road and your hand away from the steering wheel or handle bars.
Accidents occur in a split second of diverting one’s attention from the oncoming traffic therefore to prevent an accident from occurring and ensuring your safety, you need to use technological gadgets. So….
Just what is the best bluetooth motorcycle helmet kit then?
Sena Bluetooth headset and Intercom kit
This is a Bluetooth 3.0 headset for a full face motorcycle helmet and is fitted with a Bluetooth intercom and a built in FM tuner that enables the rider to enjoy their favorite radio station. The headset is designed to fit well on a full face helmet and allows the radio to have a two way communication with another rider.
Having this device helps to eliminate the need of reaching into your pants or jacket in order to pick calls or make calls.
- Its Bluetooth 3.0 capable
- The intercom has a range of 700 meters
- It has a built in FM radio tuner with station scan and save function
- Enables one to one communication
- Enables music sharing
- Allows Bluetooth pairing for dual mobile phones
- Has Bluetooth music playback control
- Has sufficient sound level with integrated audio booster
- Has speed dialing function
- Has advanced noise control
- Its water resistant
- Provides crystal clear and natural sound quality
- A single charge can last up to 7 hours of talk time and 6 days of standby time.
- Its firmware is upgradable
- It comes with a two year warranty which provides the user with peace of mind
- It is fitted with individual volume control that enables the user to be able to control each audio source separately.
Avantree Universal Bluetooth motorcycle head set kit
This is a headset designed for a full face helmet and is fitted with a wireless intercom and Bluetooth that allows the rider to communicate with friends, fellow riders and family members. The device is made to be compatible with the iPhone, Android phones and any other Bluetooth enabled device. The use of bluetooth on the device helps to prevent accidents that are as a result of diverting one’s attention by picking or making calls while riding a motorcycle on the highway.
As a Bluetooth device, it provides a multi point technology which supports devices with Bluetooth therefore allowing you to use your phone as a GPS device. It is easy to install therefore no special tools will be required.
- Its fitted with Bluetooth which makes it perfect for communicating via Bluetooth enabled devices or even one to one communication between riders.
- It is designed to support two Bluetooth devices at any time
- Its multi point technology allows the user to use the phone while also using the Bluetooth device as well
- They are fitted with dual speakers that ensure clear conversation when traveling below 80 miles per hour
- It is waterproof therefore one can use it even when its raining
- It’s made in a well thought design making it easy to install whether you are using an open face or full face helmet.
Blinc M2 Bluetooth integrated communication module
The device is designed to fit on the side of a helmet and enables the rider to make phone calls, listen to music, seek directions through GPS and even have rider to rider communication. It comes with tools that enable the rider to fit the module on their full face or open face helmet therefore ensuring that they communicate easily. With over 124 reviews, this is a popular choice among bikers.
As a Bluetooth module, it can connect to phones and tablets that are Bluetooth enabled and it has a phone call override function where the rider can turn the sound off from other devices so that you can pick the phone. The manufacturer has designed the product with safety in mind by incorporating bluetooth and intercom capabilities which allow the rider to make calls, pick calls and even have one to one communication with fellow riders.
- Fitted with Bluetooth 2.0 that allows the rider to connect with their Bluetooth devices and also have rider to rider communication.
- Push button that enables the rider to override the intercom, music and navigation audio in order to take a phone call
- Enables the rider to listen to their favorite tunes when on the ride. The rider can get to pause, change songs and also switch sources.
- Easy to use since all the controls are available on the single control wheel.
- On a single charge, has a talk time of 4 hours and 50 hours of standby time.
The device is fitted with Bluetooth that enables the rider to make phone calls, communicate with other riders therefore eliminating the need of using gestures and shouting in order to seek direction or attention of another rider.
It has powerful hi fidelity speakers and boom-less microphone with active noise cancellation that ensures phone calls are clear even when driving at speeds close to 80 miles per hour. It has a voice activation feature that allows the user to make hands free calling and pick up of phone calls.
An overall benefit of these device apart from making calls easier or picking calls without the need of reaching into the pants is that one can add an accessory that will enable the rider to have a group conversation with ease.
- It is fitted with Bluetooth that enables the rider to make phone calls and pick phone calls as well
- It has a boom-less microphone with active noise cancellation that is very effective at speeds of 140 miles per hour
- It has a voice activation feature that enables the rider to make hand free phone calls and also pick calls
- The device allows the rider to stream and wirelessly control music via Bluetooth
- It’s fitted with an intercom that enables rider to rider communication of up to 10 meters. One can have long distance group communication and the rider requires an accessory to make it possible.
Outdoor Tech Chips universal wireless helmet audio system
Chips is a universal wireless helmet audio system made by Outdoor and allows the rider to connect to any Bluetooth enabled device. The rider can fit the device into a helmet with an audio liner therefore getting to enjoy undeniable melodies for up to 10 hours.
The device has side buttons that enable the rider to play, pause, raise the volume, lower the volume, answer calls and skip music tracks all without removing the gloves. The best thing about Chips is that it features a 3.5 mm jack and can run without a charged battery. The 40mm drivers help to create an incredible sound even without full ear buds or headphones.
Although the device is created for individuals who love to snowboard, one can have a customized helmet that will fit the device therefore getting to listen to music without the need of charging the device. This is because it comes with a usb rechargeable cable.
- It has a rechargeable battery that lasts 10 hours of play time and 280 hours of standby time.
- It comes with a USB cable that can be used for recharging
- It has Bluetooth that allows the rider to make calls and pick calls via Bluetooth enabled devices
- Has two large buttons fitted on each ear piece. The left ear button controls volume while the right one plays and can pause music tracks.
- Its water resistant and chill proof.
What is the best bluetooth motorcycle helmet kit? In conclusion, the Sena headset kit listed at #1 up top is our choice and what we use.
This is because it is fitted with Bluetooth 3.0, it has a Bluetooth intercom that the rider can communicate to distances of up to 700 meters. It has sufficient sound level with audio booster that is beneficial especially when listening to music and you are riding through noisy traffic.
The battery lasts long on a single charge and it offers the rider up to 7 hours of talk time and 6 days of standby time. This prevents the need of constantly charging the device since this has been found to be a contribution to the malfunction of an electronic device. The firmware within the device is upgradable and it comes with a two year warranty which helps to protect the consumer against damage especially when the product is being shipped after purchase. With built in FM, music sharing capabilities, voice prompts, speed dialing and advanced noise control, – we can enjoy more of the open road.