Suomy is the brand trusted by many racers, including the famous Italian racer Andrea Dovizioso.
This sports helmet uses new technology and innovations in its overall safety standards for maximum protection to the rider.
The Suomy SR Sport Diamond helmet has used the composite material called Tricarboco which is the composite of Carbon Kevlar and Aramidic resin. The material Ticarboco is known to be the long lasting material. They are also very light in weight which makes them very comfortable to wear.
This Suomy SR Sport Diamond Helmet review lets you understand if the $494.95 is justified for the product.
- The outer looks of this helmet are great.
- The graphics used on the helmet body look so awesome.
- It meets the security standards of DOT.
- It is very lightweight, so you will not feel it burdening your neck muscles or your head. You can wear them comfortably for a longer period of time.
- It will fit nicely around your head and will not wobble while you are riding.
- The price of this helmet is fully justified by the performance of the helmet.
- The shell of this helmet is the lightest in all the race helmets available in the market.
- The weight of the helmet is 3.25 pounds; it is very light in weight due to the material used to manufacture this helmet, which is known as Tricarboco.
- The Suomy DR Sports Diamond helmet has been approved by the Department of Transportation US, and it also meets the standards of ECE 22.05.
- The helmet is less noisy as the polymers used in this absorb the noise, hence, it does not get loud in there.
- The EPS foam layer used in this has an advanced channeling system for ventilation.
- The shield has a safety lock system in it so the shield does not get detached in case of an impact.
- The shield is thermally formed which is anti-fog and anti-scratch.
- The helmet makes use of the Dynamic Variable Resistance Crush Zone (DVRC) technology which is really helpful in the event of a crash, as the impact will be distributed equally to the different parts for maximum resistance.
Shell Design and Quality
The shell is designed in such a way that the carbon Kevlar and Aramidic resin outer shell enhance the safety of the product.
This helmet is best suited for the people with long oval profiles.
It is designed in such a way that you can wear it along with neck braces too.
You can get this great quality helmet for a low price of $494.95.
You can wear this helmet with full confidence on any race tracks around the world.
If we talk about the safety perspective of this helmet, then it has the best in class safety standards.
The helmet meets the DOT and ECE 22.05 standards. Though it does not meet the Snell standards, it is still acceptable on all race tracks.
There is a shield in the helmet with a safety lock system which protects your face against any injuries.
This Suomy SR Sport Diamond helmet will give you utmost protection in the event of a crash. The safety of this helmet will not fail you due to its Dynamic Variable Resistance Crush Zone Technology.
The interior of the helmet uses Coolmax fabric with a weaving which can wick away any moisture like magic. The interior will stay breathable and sweat-free even in extremely hot temperatures.
The interior uses ergonomics to give you a comfortable fit.
The whole inner liner can be removed and is also washable.
This helmet comes with a clear lens visor. The visor in this helmet can be changed easily without using any tools.
There are no side covers on the visor, so there is going to be no problem in changing the visor. The supporting crew will be hugely benefitted with this feature, as now it will take them less time and effort to change a visor.
The visor is scratch resistant and impact resistant. Also, it has a permanent anti-fog system installed in it.
The helmet is designed in such a way to give you the most aerated shell. The advanced channels are given in the interior of the helmet which optimizes the air flowing inside the helmet.
The dual density EPS foam layer channels the airflow very well.
There is a detachable chin curtain, in case you want more air.
Other Factors for Consideration
The visibility after you wear this helmet is just outstanding. With a wide eye port, you can keep your eyes on the road without any problem.
It is a very quiet helmet, as the polymers in the helmet absorb the noise.
The weight of the shell is really commendable as it will not strain your neck during longer rides.
You get a Suomy helmet at the price of just $494.95, which is a steal deal as the brand Suomy is famous for the excellence and the innovation they put in each product.
You are going to turn a lot of heads due to the cool graphics on these helmets.