The Suomy brand is well known for bringing great technology and innovation in the safety standards of their helmet. They take good care that you get the right style which is also very comfortable, yet the safety is also not compromised. They look great, and they also perform great. And all of it comes at a pocket-friendly price.
This Suomy Apex Helmet is one of such helmets, it’s very affordable and also looks very stylish.
The helmet is very lightweight, as it weighs less than 3 pounds, so it is not going to strain your neck.
The cool graphics on the helmet make it stand apart from the crowd. In the Suomy Apex Helmet review, we will come across all of its features. Check price here.
- The graphics on the helmet are eye-catching.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty and is both D.O.T. and ECE 22.05 certified.
- The helmet stays stable even during high speeds.
- The technology used in this helmet reduced the buffeting of the head.
- The shell is ultra-light which makes it very comfortable to wear for longer rides.
- The Suomy Apex Sam helmet uses technology which reduces the internal aerodynamic turbulence, which results in less noise.
- It is very light; it only weighs around 2.93 pounds.
- The ventilation in this Suomy Apex Sam helmet is great.
- The shell is the very light due to the use of a new technique.
- It had DVRC technology which is the Dynamically Variable Resistance Crush Zone which will give the ultimate protection in case of a crash.
- There are 3D cheek pads installed in the helmet which are 15mm thick.
- The face shield resists scratch and fog. It shows you clear vision by not hindering it with any scratches on the precipitation on the lens’ screen.
- The visor comes with a safety lock system, so it will not become loose easily even with a small bump on the road.
- There is a breath deflector for preventing precipitation on the visor screen.
- It has a large cervical neck roll made of soft sponge for providing extra support and pure comfort.
- The helmet is certified by DOT.
Shell Design and Quality
The shell is made of the combination of Aramid and a carbon composite fiber which has been reinforced with resins by heating them together. Due to the material used in the shell manufacturing, it is extremely light in weight.
The shell of this Suomy Apex Sam helmet has a polycarbonate spoiler at the rear end of the helmet which channels the airflow around the rider. It will decrease the turbulence and the head buffeting.
You will get three shell sizes in this helmet, which are the M, L, and XL sizes. Now, you can find the perfect fit for your head.
The strap of the helmet can be adjusted with a D-ring closure.
The interior liner used in this helmet is made of a soft hypo-allergenic material which does not allow the bacteria to build up. Hence, the helmet will always smell fresh and keep you healthy.
The fabric used is not of high-quality cotton, but it still works well with moisture. It wicks away the sweat that is caused due to hot temperatures.
The helmet comes with 15mm cheek pads.The cheek pads and the head liner can be removed easily in case you want to clean them or replace them.
You may get a latch system to remove the visor in the other helmets. Well, in the case of the Suomy Apex helmet, the visor does not have a quick release system. You will need to use a tool such as a butter knife to replace the face shield.
The side cover with this helmet makes the installation and removal process of the visor somewhat difficult.
The visor can be raised or lowered with the non-ratcheting system given in the helmet.
The visor is scratch resistant, and your vision remains clear all the time. The visor that comes with this helmet uses a clear lens shield.
The Suomy Apex Sam helmet meets the standards of the US Department of Transportation and is also certified by ECE 22.05, just like all the Suomy helmets.
The design of the shell reduces the turbulence and keeps the lid in place even during high speeds.
The side covers give extra protection to your face in case of accidents.
It uses a state of the art air channeling system which provides optimized ventilation through the EPS layer.
The design of the ventilation system is made in accordance with the concern that the lid stays in place even when the speed of the rider is very high.
There are air intake systems on the top of the helmet as well as the chin area, which can be controlled even while wearing gloves. The exhaust systems on the rear end of the helmet drive out the hot air from inside the helmet.
Other Factors for Consideration
This Suomy Apex Helmet fits best for head shapes between long and oval.
Due to the side covers’ presence in this helmet, the maximum visualization is not possible. The lateral sight is hindered.
This Suomy Apex Helmet has an oversized neck roll made of sponge for comfort.
It will not resist the outer noise completely, but at the price of this helmet, it does the best job.
The visor change mechanism can be a little tricky.
At ~$300-400, this helmet offers a performance which justifies its price. The looks of the helmet are definitely a point worth considering.