Top 20 Badass Motorcycle Helmets:
Comparison Guide and Key
Included in the matrix are 7 columns:
- Helmet pictures – Brands – Weight – ¬†Style – Material – Rating -Price ‚Äď These are approximate prices on Amazon.com or Ebay.com¬† These can change frequently based on availability, special promotions, and more.¬† But generally speaking: $ = under $100, $$ = $200 , $$$ = $300 , $$$$ = $400+
*Click on any of the columns to sort the data to help make your decision easier
It is ¬†important that you start with a high¬†quality¬†motorcycle helmet that will last a long time and withstand the stress and beating that you are likely to give it. So included above are a few “Clean Slate” Helmets.
If you are a Do-it-yourself (DIY-er) like me, for a truly custom¬† helmet there are two options:
Pinstriping and Airbrushing.
One technique uses an¬†air gun¬†for the application and the other uses a brush.¬†While the difference in techniques seems simple,¬†the style that results is dramatically different. With more surface area to work with, including the front chin guard and visor, the full face helmets are open to a LOT¬†of options. Some of my personal favorites are the¬†Smiley Bandit Helmets¬†and the Crystal and Spike Helmets. ¬†Half Helmets, 3/4 Helmets, or¬†retro-style¬†¬†also have a large surface area to work with for custom painting, airbrushing, and adding accessories.
If you have been riding a motorcycle of any kind for any amount of time you probably know that the helmets that you choose to wear come in many shapes, sizes and designs. Some¬†helmets¬†can sit high on your head, tight side-to-side, or even tighter yet from front-to-back. The key to finding a great fitting helmet is knowing your exact head measurements and finding a great fitting helmet by researching which helmet brands are most suitable for you (your custom comfort and needs.)
Sounds easy, right? ¬†So why do most bikers not have any idea what their own head size is, and what style of helmet is most suitable for them to wear? My opinion on this is that most bikers and riders don‚Äôt care as much about comfort and fitment as they do about looks. Form over Function (ladies; you may be more guilty of this than your counterparts.)
This is why I have collected some Badass Motorcycle Helmets for you to check out and find your perfect mix of both style and comfort.
Be sure to check out ¬†the Coolest Motorcycle Helmets of 2014, and find out just how cool your helmet is (or isn’t.)
What else can you find at the¬†Badass Helmet Store?
- Custom Motorcycle Helmets
- Pin-Striped Motorcycle Helmets
- Custom Painted Motorcycle Helmets
- Blinged out Crystal and Spike Helmets
- Carbon Fiber Helmets
- Vintage Motorcycle Helmets
- German Motorcycle Helmets
- Helmet Camera and Recording Tutorials
- How-to Articles packed with tips and tricks
- Honest Helmet Reviews
- The Best Goggles for Bikers
- Awesome helmet accessories and ideas¬†for your own projects
- All kinds of How-to’s and Tips to trick out your own unique biker helmet.
Until next time, Ride Safe and may your day be Badass!